March 19, 2010
Contact: Gayle Lynn Falkenthal, APR
619-997-2495 or email@example.com
GreenScaped Buildings Hosts Third Annual Open House March 26 & 27
Meet San Diego’s “Eco-Warrior” and Tour the GreenScaped Living Lab
Where: GreenScaped Buildings, 7922 Armour Street, San Diego CA, 92111 (Kearny Mesa)
When: Friday, March 26, 3 – 6 p.m.
Saturday, March 27, 9 a.m. – 12 noon
Who: Jim Mumford, President and Founder, and the staff of GreenScaped Buildings
What: Tour the GreenScaped Buildings Living Lab and explore various methods and products that contribute to low impact development, sustainability and restorative buildings, cultivating a legacy for which future generations can be proud.
Even if you’ve visited before, you’ll see plenty of new systems and products just added to the lab this spring. Displays include:
- A conventional loose-laid green roof on an existing building with native plants
- Five other green roof system options
- Over a half-dozen indoor and outdoor living wall systems, expanding the potential for gardens in areas with no traditional space, the first of their kind in the United States
- Innovative products and systems that capture rainwater runoff and recycle it for irrigation
- Sub irrigation systems for green roofs eliminating evaporation
- Organic drainage layers for green roofs, minimizing synthetic materials
- Artificial growing mediums that don’t use traditional “soils” that can sit on any flat surface
Plenty of people told Jim Mumford he was nuts building a green roof project in the middle of a Kearny Mesa industrial park. Three years later, the roof is thriving and Jim Mumford’s GreenScaped Buildings is a leader in the green building industry.
Mumford was named one of San Diego’s “Eco-Warriors” and an environmental role model in the April 2010 issue of San Diego Magazine.
For additional information, visit www.greenscapedbuildings.com or www.goodearthplants.com