January 14, 2015
Contact: Gayle Lynn Falkenthal, APR
619-997-2495 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ABC San Diego Welcomes New Merit Shop Leadership
New Slate of Chapter and Trust Board Members Installed for 2015 term
(Poway, CA) - The Associated Builders and Contractors of San Diego welcomed new leadership to its Chapter Board of Directors and Apprenticeship Training Trust, and Health Trust during an installation ceremony on January 14.
ABC members, merit shop contractors from the San Diego area, and guests met the new leaders and heard a presentation framing ABC San Diego’s vision for 2015.
Paul Rowan, president and CEO of Rowan Electric, will serve as 2015 San Diego Chapter Board Chairman. He has served on the Board of Directors since 2011.
“During the lean years, it was teamwork and the willingness to work together that allowed our members to survive, and that same spirit will help our members thrive in 2015 as the economy picks up,” said Rowan. “I look forward to working with the rest of the board and our members to provide the kind of support and advocacy along with advanced education that will help our members win work and be successful.”
Also serving on the Chapter Board of Directors for 2015:
• Immediate Past Chair: Ron Rudolph, Rudolph Consulting
• Treasurer: Doug Clevenger, CPA, Robert R. Redwitz & Co.
• Secretary: Diane Koester-Dion, I.E. Pacific, Inc.
• Director: Brian Cox, Brian Cox Mechanical
• Director: Walter Fritz, Nuera Contracting & Consulting, LP
• Director: Alex Galicia, BPI Plumbing
• Director: Ernie Pearn, Cutting Edge Drywall
• Director: Dru Wells, Helix Electric, Inc.
• Chapter Attorney: Richard Freeman, Sheppard, Mulling, Richter & Hampton, LLP
“Our organization could not be more fortunate to have these experienced, thoughtful construction industry professionals willing to take on positions of responsibility and authority as part of ABC San Diego’s Chapter and Trust governance,” said Scott Crosby, CEO of ABC San Diego. “They take on a critical fiduciary and legal duty, acting in the best interests of their peers, to advance our mission and goals, for nothing other than the satisfaction of contributing to our industry and our thanks.”
William Smyth, chief financial officer for Sherwood Mechanical, returns to serve his second term as Chairman of the Apprenticeship Training Trust. He has been a Trust board member 2010.
“It is gratifying to see apprenticeship receiving renewed recognition and respect as an excellent career path for skilled professionals,” said Smyth. We owe it to our students starting their career path to provide them the best possible training, and we owe it to our industry to graduate the finest craftworkers possible to build our schools, hospitals, homes, businesses, and our country.”
The 2015 Training Trust board members are:
• Secretary: Dru Wells, Helix Electric, Inc.
• Treasurer: Eric Bader, Pacific Rim Mechanical
• Trustee: Matt Harbin, Industrial Commercial Systems, Inc.
• Trustee: Kevin Hartnett, Laser Electric
• Trustee: Brian Lynch, Certified Air Conditioning
• Trustee: Robert Liles, Bergelectric Corp.
• Trust: Attorney: Richard Freeman, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton, LLP
Serving as members of the ABC California Health Trust 2015:
• Jack Good, Good & Roberts LLC
• Linda Powell, Standard Electronics
• Mickey Coffman, Walter N. Coffman, Inc.
• Matt Parker
“Our Trust board members play a critical role in shaping the future of our profession by overseeing our apprenticeship training program to ensure that we prepare students to meet the highest possible standards,” said Sherry Yarbrough, Executive Director of the Apprenticeship Training Academy. “They donate a lot of their time to guide our program and we could not do it without them.”
ABC San Diego thanks Philip Piel, West Coast Group Benefits; Bill Lefever, Gould Electric, Inc.; Rick Marshall, Brady Company/San Diego for their many years of service as board members.
About ABC San Diego
Associated Builders and Contractors is a national trade association representing nearly 22,000 merit shop contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and construction-related professionals in 70 chapters across the United States. The association’s membership includes all specialties within the industry, and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the industrial, commercial and institutional sectors of construction. ABC is recognized as one of the leading organizations representing America’s business community and the construction industry. Visit ABC San Diego at www.abcsd.org