August 21, 2011
Contact: Gayle Lynn Falkenthal, APR
619-997-2495 or Email Gayle
GreenScaped Buildings Hosts Fall Open House & Plant Sale September 23 and 24
Meet San Diego’s “Eco-Warrior” and Tour the GreenScaped Living Lab
Where: GreenScaped Buildings, 7922 Armour Street, San Diego CA, 92111 (Kearny Mesa)
When: Friday, September 23, 1 – 5 p.m.
Saturday, September 24, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Who: Jim Mumford, President and Founder, and the staff of GreenScaped Buildings
What: Tour the GreenScaped Buildings Living Lab and explore various methods and products that contribute to low impact development, sustainability and restorative buildings, cultivating a legacy for which future generations can be proud.
Even if you’ve visited before, you’ll see plenty of new green roof systems, living wall units, rainwater harvesting solutions just added to the lab this fall. Displays include:
- A conventional loose-laid green roof on an existing building with native plants
- Additional green roof system options
- Fencing you can fill with water from a new Australian company
- Indoor and outdoor living wall systems, expanding the potential for gardens in areas with no traditional space. New versions include a “Breathe Wall” by DIRTT.
- Innovative products and systems that capture rainwater runoff and recycle it for irrigation
- Sub irrigation systems for green roofs eliminating evaporation
- Organic drainage layers for green roofs, minimizing synthetic materials
- Artificial growing mediums that don’t use traditional “soils” that can sit on any flat surface
- See how our edibles are doing
- Find plant and pottery bargains and SEEDBOMBS for sale!
Mumford was named one of San Diego’s “Eco-Warriors” and an environmental role model by San Diego Magazine. For additional information, visit www.greenscapedbuildings.com or www.goodearthplants.com