GreenScaped Buildings Hosts Annual Open House March 25 & 26
Meet San Diego’s “Eco-Warrior” and Tour the GreenScaped Living Lab
Where: GreenScaped Buildings, 7922 Armour Street, San Diego CA, 92111 (Kearny Mesa)
When: Friday, March 25, 1 – 5 p.m.
Saturday, March 26, 9 a.m. – 12 noon
Who: Jim Mumford GRP, President and Founder, and the staff of GreenScaped Buildings
What: Tour the GreenScaped Buildings Living Lab and explore various methods and products that contribute to low impact development, sustainability and restorative buildings, cultivating a legacy for which future generations can be proud.
Even if you’ve visited before, you’ll see plenty of new systems and products just added to the lab this spring. Displays include:
- A brand new “bio-filter” living wall unit that cleans pollutants from the air
- Over a half-dozen indoor and outdoor living wall systems, expanding the potential for gardens in areas with no traditional space, the first of their kind in the United States
- A conventional loose-laid green roof on an existing building with native plants
- Five other green roof system options
- Innovative products and systems that capture rainwater runoff and recycle it for irrigation
- Sub irrigation systems and organic drainage layers for green roofs
- Artificial growing mediums that don’t use traditional “soils” that can sit on any flat surface
- Plant and pottery sale
- Seed bombs demonstration
Mumford was named one of San Diego’s “Eco-Warriors” and an environmental role model in the April 2010 issue of San Diego Magazine.
For additional information, visit www.greenscapedbuildings.com or www.goodearthplants.com
About GreenScaped Buildings
After more than 30 years of providing award-winning plantscaping service and design to the region as the owner of Good Earth Plant Company, Jim Mumford and his venture GreenScaped Buildings has expanded the focus to include green roofs, living walls, and rainwater harvesting systems. Mumford’s passion for low impact development, sustainability and restorative buildings will cultivate a legacy through GreenScaped Buildings for which future generations can be proud.