August 17, 2010
Contact: Gayle Lynn Falkenthal, APR
GreenScaped Buildings Hosts Fall Open House September 24 & 25
Meet San Diego’s “Eco-Warrior,” Tour the GreenScaped Living Lab and see the new SEEDBOMBS
Where: GreenScaped Buildings, 7922 Armour Street, San Diego CA, 92111 (Kearny Mesa)
When: Friday, September 24, 2 – 6 p.m.
Saturday, September 25, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Who: Jim Mumford, President and Founder, and the staff of GreenScaped Buildings
What: Tour the GreenScaped Buildings Living Lab and explore various methods and products that contribute to low impact development, sustainability and restorative buildings, cultivating a legacy for which future generations can be proud.
Even if you’ve visited before, you’ll see plenty of new green roof systems, living wall units, rainwater harvesting solutions just added to the lab this fall. Displays include:
- A conventional loose-laid green roof on an existing building with native plants
- Additional green roof system options
- Indoor and outdoor living wall systems, expanding the potential for gardens in areas with no traditional space, the first of their kind in the United States
- Innovative products and systems that capture rainwater runoff and recycle it for irrigation
- Sub irrigation systems for green roofs eliminating evaporation
- Organic drainage layers for green roofs, minimizing synthetic materials
- Artificial growing mediums that don’t use traditional “soils” that can sit on any flat surface
Visit on Saturday and enjoy a free BBQ lunch.
The Open House is FREE but registration is required. RSVP to Alexa@GoodEarthPlants.com or call 858-576-9300 to register yourself, family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. Kids of all ages welcome.
Mumford was named one of San Diego’s “Eco-Warriors” and an environmental role model in the April 2010 issue of San Diego Magazine.
For additional information, visit www.greenscapedbuildings.com or www.goodearthplants.com
About GreenScaped Buildings
After more than 30 years of providing award-winning plantscaping service and design to the region as the owner of Good Earth Plant Company, Jim Mumford and his venture GreenScaped Buildings has expanded the focus to include green roofs, living walls, and rainwater harvesting systems. Mumford’s passion for low impact development, sustainability and restorative buildings will cultivate a legacy through GreenScaped Buildings for which future generations can be proud.