May 14, 2010
CONTACT: Gayle Lynn Falkenthal, APR
619-997-2405 or firstname.lastname@example.org; @PRProSanDiego
The Lincoln Club of San Diego County Makes June Primary Ballot Endorsements
Lincoln Club endorses business-friendly candidates, weighs in on local measures affecting business
(San Diego) – The Lincoln Club of San Diego has issued the following list of candidate endorsements for California statewide offices, state representatives from San Diego County, and candidates elected at various levels of county and municipal government in the upcoming June 8, 2010 primary election.
The Lincoln Club is a fiscally conservative organization dedicated to the goal of advancing free market principles and ideas by recruiting, endorsing, and supporting business-friendly candidates, regardless of party affiliation. Club Members assess whether a candidate is committed to responsible public policy, the expansion of economic opportunity, and promoting an enhanced quality of life.
STATE OF CALIFORNIA ENDORSEMENTS
- Mike Villines, State Insurance Commissioner
- Joel Anderson, State Senate, 36th District
- Mark Wyland, State Senate, 38th District
- Diane Harkey, State Assembly, 73rd District
- Martin Garrick, State Assembly, 74th District
- Nathan Fletcher, State Assembly, 75th District
SAN DIEGO COUNTY/CITY RACES
- Ron Roberts, Board of Supervisors, 4th District
- Bill Horn, Board of Supervisors,5th District
- Dan McAllister, Treasurer, San Diego County
- Bill Gore, Sheriff, San Diego County
- Bonnie Dumanis, District Attorney, San Diego County
- Jeff Olson, County Assessor* (*dual endorsement)
- Ernie Dronenberg, County Assessor* (*dual endorsement)
- Kevin Faulconer, San Diego City Council, District 2
- Tony Young, San Diego City Council, District 4
- Lorie Zapf, San Diego City Council, District 6
- Cheryl Cox, Mayor, City of Chula Vista
- Glen Coogins, City Attorney, City of Chula Vista
- Lloyd Prosser, Oceanside City Council
- Larry Breitfelder, Chula Vista City Council, 2nd Seat
SAN DIEGO COUNTY and MUNICIPAL BALLOT MEASURES
- Proposition B (Term limits for San Diego County Supervisors): Vote No
- Proposition D (City of San Diego Charter revision relating to strong mayor form of governance): Vote Yes
- Proposition G (City of Chula Vista Fair and Open Competition Ordinance): Vote Yes
- Proposition K (City of Oceanside adoption of City Charter): Vote Yes
The Lincoln Club of San Diego County is the only organized, business-oriented political action committee in the County that makes an impact in local elections by supporting pro-economic growth policies and candidates.
The Lincoln Club’s membership is comprised of politically like-minded and influential business and civic leaders from across the broad spectrum of the county’s diverse economy. As an influential and respected political organization, The Lincoln Club unites behind clear, focused messages that resonate within the business community; fills a void in public debate as a reasoned, pragmatic voice on business and economic issues; and avoids divisive social issues, uniting and building victories in a political marketplace overcrowded with more picket signs than actual accomplishments.
Visit www.sdlincolnclub.org to learn more.