May 10, 2010
CONTACT: Lani Lutar
619-234-6423 or email@example.com
Gayle Lynn Falkenthal, APR
619-997-2495 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SDCTA Announces Golden Fleece Award Finalists
Dubious recipients revealed May 20 at Golden Watchdog & Golden Fleece Awards
(San Diego) - The San Diego County Taxpayers Association (SDCTA) today announced the finalists for its annual Golden Fleece awards.
Golden Fleeces are given to government programs/services that exemplify the wasteful, inefficient or downright absurd use of taxpayer dollars.
The dubious recipients of these awards will be “honored” along with the winners of the Golden and Media Watchdog, Public-Private Partnership, and “It’s About Time” awards at SDCTA’s annual dinner at the Town and Country Resort & Convention Center in Mission Valley on Thursday, May 20.
The Metro Golden Fleece finalists are:
- City of Carlsbad – Double Bogey for the Crossings
- City of Chula Vista – Attack of the Taxasaurus
- San Miguel Fire Protection District – Accident “Crash Tax”
- Metropolitan Transit System –Ad Revenue Going Nowhere Fast
- San Diego County Employees Retirement Association– Gold-Plated Investment Officer
- San Diego Unified School District – Survey This! Governance Woes
- Tri-City Hospital District – Trifecta of Troubles
For more information about the 15th Annual Golden Watchdog and Golden Fleece Awards Dinner please call the San Diego County Taxpayers Association at (619) 234-6423 or email email@example.com.
The San Diego County Taxpayers Association is a non-profit, non-partisan organization, dedicated to promoting accountable, cost-effective and efficient government and opposing unnecessary new taxes and fees. Founded in 1945, SDCTA has spent the past six decades saving the region’s taxpayers millions of dollars, as well as generating information to help educate the public.
# # #